Thursday, September 21, 2006

Bob Marley Live from Rotterdam

Back in the day, I had an amazing Bob Marley bootleg on tape from Holland's Ahoy Club. It was a a really crisp SBD -- especially considering it was recorded in 1978. Well, I lost the tape (left it in a friend's car and it got "lost") and vowed to try to get another copy of the show if at all possible.

After years of searching, I finally found it! I thought I'd post some highlights for anyone who wants to take a listen.

Bob Marley and the Wailers
Ahoy Hallen - Rotterdam, Holland
July 7, 1978

Setlist: Positive Vibration, The Heathen, Dem Belly Full, Concrete Jungle, Rebel Music, War > No More Trouble, Crisis, Running Away > Crazy Baldheads, I Shot the Sherrif, No Woman No Cry, Is This Love?, Jammin'.
Encore: Easy Skanking, Get Up Stand Up -> Exodus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I found your web and I was wondering if you knew about a Bob Marley song (I think that it was in rotterdam 1978. He sang 5 songs in one, just he and his gitar. 11 minutes!

Do you know anything about thatone?

newbobby said...

Sounds like the Acoustic Medley that's on disc two (the best disc btw) of the Songs of Freedom box set. It's just Bob and his guitar playing "Guava Jelly/This Train/Cornerstone/Comma Comma/Dewdrops/Stir It Up/I'm Hurting Inside"