Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Tuesday night blog

I should be playing hockey tonight, but I went instead to the Boys & Girls Clubs' "Kids Night Out" fundraiser featuring the star of Snow Dogs and Los Angeles Kings fan, Cuba Gooding Jr. I had to applaud when he started talking hockey. At least the NHL is back in action and I can watch the end of the late-night games while I add this.
-----
A couple of cool shows in Kansas City tomorrow night. 90.9 The Bridge, which is pretty much the only station I listen to these days when I listen to the radio, is sponsoring Ben Taylor and Tristan Prettyman at recordBar. Muzzle of Bees recently featured a short "review" of Tristan's recent show in Madison and is holding a contest to award a copy to her new album, twenty three. I'd say your chances to win are pretty good if you enter.
-----
Also Wednesday, Matisyahu is playing at the Beaumont Club. More on this tomorrow morning.
-----
Earlier today, I added Out the Other to my Blog Roll on your right. I find myself going back to it pretty regularly and enjoy Janet's take on new bands. Half the time opening up to new music is all about its presentation; she's got it down. Besides, she hooked me up with my first link back to this site at the end of her post on Gomez.
-----
Well, I don't have any music on this computer, but I did grab this and haven't even had a chance to listen to it yet.... from the engineer demos of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, you can hear early traces of the lyrics to "Radio Cure."

Wilco || Corduroy Cutoff Girl


No comments: