Friday, March 24, 2006

Ben Harper Live on Morning Becomes Eclectic

Hopefully you had a chance to see -- yes, see, they had streaming video as well -- Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals play songs from their new album Both Sides of the Gun this morning on KCRW's stellar "Morning Becomes Eclectic."

They stream the program until the next one airs, so you still have all weekend to check out the video of the performance. I decided to experiment with pulling streams from the Internet and I think I did okay. You can check out mp3s of the show, including Nic Harcourt's interview with Ben, below.

Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals
Live on Morning Becomes Eclectic
March 26, 2006
(Recorded 3/21/06 at the Villiage Auditorium in Los Angeles, Calif.)

1. Morning Yearning
2. Reason to Mourn
3. Better Way
4. Both Sides of the Gun
5. Engraved Invitation
6. Interview with Nic Harcourt
7. Black Rain
8. Please Don't Talk About Murder While I'm Eating
9. Picture In A Frame
10. Waiting For You

In related news, KCRW's Sounds Eclectic Evening is this weekend (Saturday, March 25) at the Gibson Theater in Universal City, Calif. Death Cab For Cutie is headlining an incredible line up which includes Ben Harper, Gomez, Fiest and several others.

This kind of sidetracked my day -- in the best of ways -- so this weekend I have a couple of things I want to get into. I'm checking out The Frames (Burn the Maps), by way of a strong review in Esquire of all places (in the Rosario Dawson cover issue), and I finally pulled the trigger on In the Aeroplane, Over the Sea, which I'm told is either a masterpiece or a just a piece depending on who you ask. I'll check in with what I can this weekend.

Two quick hits before I go home:
(All songs are hosted by rapidshare.de until they have been inactive for 30 days. Songs posted are only to further people's obsessions. If you would like any songs to be removed, let me know and I will take them down expiditiously. And seriously, you need to get Both Sides of the Gun because it's a really, really good listen.)
(Image from virginrecords.com)

No comments: